Austin A120/135 Princess 1 DS2
The Austin Princess DS2 was introduced in 1947. Built on the new Austin A110 Sheerline chassis its body was built by Vanden Plas at their Kingsbury, London works. Initially powered by Austin’s ‘D’ series 3460cc 120bhp engine, and designated A120, after only 30 vehicles had been built, the engine size was increased to 3995cc and the designation changed to A135. Some 743 saloons (DS2) and 57 Touring Limousines with glass division (DM2) were produced before manufacture ceased in 1950.