MG Princess 1100
This car must hold the title for the most 'badge engineered' vehicle that BMC made. Built by Austin at Longbridge, trimmed by Vanden Plas at Kingsbury but badged as an M.G!
Based upon the Vanden Plas Princess 1100, the Vanden Plas name being virtually unknown in the U.S.A., it was decided to badge the Princess exported to the U.S. as an M.G. Princess 1100. Mechanically identical to the Vanden Plas 1100 (automatic transmission was never offered) the cars were all left-hand drive. Most had an M.G. badge fitted to the standard Vanden Plas grille, and all received an M.G. badge on the bootlid in place of Vanden Plas and M.G. 1100 hubcaps.
The car was not a good seller and only 156 examples were manufactured between December 1963 (the February 1964 New York Show Car) and September 1966 when the last one was built.